Scaling Your Business with Technology
I recently moderated a panel called Scaling your business with technology at Silicon Beach Fest.
I want to thank all the panelists for coming and giving the crowd their tech insights. We had a good discussion across a breadth of issues, from stacks, to clouds to testing and product iterations. I would also like to thank all the folks who came to watch the panel and ask questions.
The panel consisted of:
John Arroyo, Arroyo Labs, CEO (moderator)
- Tina Denuit-Wojcik, Enplug, CTO
- Paul Kasinski, Sky Zone, CTO
- Erin Neff, The Black Tux, Director of Product
- Andy Bauch, Wizely Finance, CTO
- Cullen Zandstra, FloQast, CTO
- Andres Buritica, CTO of Well Nest; Dodgers / R\GA Accelerator, Mentor
Some of the take aways from the discussion include:
- The majority were doing agile iterations.
- They were all using React or Angular on the front-end.
- Python was the most popular backend amongts the group.
- They were all leveraging AWS for hosting and numerous AWS services.
- One or two mentioned a high potential for cloud lock in. In all cases lock in was not a major concern for them.